Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Shine a Bit of Light With GlueArts Raisen Adhesives


I love light... I love the beauty of it and the mood it can invoke. I picked up a set of 3 round paper lanterns awhile ago at a craft store when they were half off and have always wanted to pretty them up. This embellishment project was inspired by the Glue Arts Raisen's Adhesive Squares... they were perfect to make the layered flowers that I made for the paper lantern because of their dimension. I can't imagine that another type of adhesive would have made these flowers any easier to put together. 

user posted image

"Embellished Paper Lantern" 


GlueArts Designer: Linda Albrecht

Supplies:


Other:
10" Round Paper Lantern- Hobby Lobby
Pearl Flower Stamins (for butterfly antennae)- Hobby Lobby Wedding
Die Cut flowers and butterflies- AccuCut 
Small Paper daisy flowers- Martha Stewart Wedding
Pearls for flower centers- Melissa Frances
Blue Crepe paper- Melissa Frances
Green leaves trim- May Arts
Old book paper
White tissue paper
Light Cord set for hanging- Ikea

Instructions:

1. Open paper lantern and insert wire base provided. Cut desired flower and butterfly shapes.


user posted image


2. Apply Raisen Adhesive Square to the bottom book paper flower. Cut a slit through another flower and use a Micro Extreme Adhesive Square to overlap a couple of the petals to make it 3 dimensional. (If your 3D flower diecut does not have a hole in the center, punch a large hole so that you can add 3 flower layers to the Raisen.)


user posted image


3. Stick the 3D flower to the center of the Raisen Adhesive Square that is in the center of the bottom flower.

user posted image


4. Stick the blue crepe paper flower to the center of the Raisen then add small daisy like flower to the center of the crepe paper flower with a Micro Extreme Adhesive Square.

user posted image

user posted image

5. I also used the Micro Extreme Adhesive Squares to layer the tissue paper and book paper for the butterflies.

Add white tissue paper flowers and butterflies to the paper lantern using Micro Extreme Adhesive Squares before adding the 3D flowers that were put together with the Raisen's.

user posted image


6. Use hot glue to adhere the pearl antennae to the butterflies. 

user posted image

user posted image


7. Use hot glue to adhere the 3D flowers onto the white tissue paper flowers on lantern.

user posted image


8. I applied the flowers and butterflies at a diagonal onto the paper lantern then just wound the green leaf trim through them, adding a Micro Extreme Adhesive Square at random to the back of a leaf.

user posted image


9. Hang up your pretty paper lantern and enjoy! :-) i might go and add some more white tissue paper butterfly layers to the lantern because I love what the light does to them when it is on... so soft and serene looking.


user posted image

user posted image

How incredibly beautiful is that? And think of all the possible styles, designs and themes you can create!







Leave us a comment today and let us know how you would use ourGlueArts Raisen's for your next project! We'll enter you to win two pack of our Raisen's along with a pack of our U Cut It Foam! Both products are perfect for adding just a bit of dimension for your crafts and more! We'll pick one random winner next Monday!




Can't wait...no need! You can shop online right from the convenience of your home, Ipad, Iphone, Android phone! GlueArts offers safe shopping and best...FREE SHIPPING all month!  

58 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful project and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so gorgeous! What a great idea. I'd probably use Raisen's for every single project I work on. I love dimension. Thanks for sharing that beautiful lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My niece would love this!! I'll have to forward this to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "... and let there be light" - oh my but didn't Linda do a FABULOUS job on the lantern??? I would love to make one of these. Have not heard about Raisens but you know I'll be shopping for them soons.
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea, I have a feeling we are going to see more of these beauties popping up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking that I'd like to use them when I make a flower arrangement for my kitchen. I'd like to add a paper bird. I'd also like to try these out at work. I work at Pottery Barn Kids, and teach crafts to kids (customers). I'd like to try them out on some crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous lantern! It looks incredible. Your Raisen's are pretty versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They seem like they must be pretty strong if they can hold the flowers onto the round surface made of thin paper. So I hope that I win them so I can try them on many different surfaces and applications.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers make this so beautiful. I would use Raisen's on my cards for dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lantern is just lovely! I would use the Raisens on cards of course, because that's what I make the most! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, that is one fabulous lantern! I would use the Raisens to add dimension to my card projects.


    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to decorate 3 styrofoam trees with white flowers to decorate the gift table when my grandkids open their wedding presents. These Raisens sound like they would be great for layering the flower petals. Love the lantern. Another idea for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great project. These would be perfect for my flowers I am always making. Love these new raisins!! These add a whole new dimension for layering. TY for this new product. Gotta love Glue Arts...I know I do. evette k.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful project. Love it and it is so elegant looking. YOu are truly talented. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my god !i m going to make it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful lantern!! I'd use the Raisen's for making flowers too for my cards and layouts... also for other embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i think a home decor project is in order. i could add flowers, feathers, or anything to the bottom of a lamp shade.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh WOW, what a beautiful project! I'm going to have a go at making one of these - thanks for the inspiration (and instructions!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! This is fantastic! I would use Raisens on my layouts to get that 3D effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Linda this is definitely stunning!! So creative of you! I would use Raisens on my bird's nest I'm creating for mother's day, and for a gift I'm making for my daughter's teachers on her last day of preschool :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this project!i would love to try to make one of these or a cool centerpiece for my table.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful project - such inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow that is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the lantern. would love to win some adhesive to use on my cards and pages- your adhesive is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an awesome project, just beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just took a great mixed media class with Vicki Boutin and these would be perfect to add dimension! Loooove the lantern, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would love to make a wall hanging for my granddaughters room and Raisen's would be great to pop embellishments and flowers on the banners.
    Love this amazing floral paper lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! This is an incredibly gorgeous project! I'm thinking a springy wreath using raisens & paper flowers would be almost as cool...

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a gorgeous lantern! I just love it! I make cards so I would LOVE to win some Raisens for popping up images on my cards. Thanks for the chance to win a great prize. :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very amazing! Found this on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this idea. Something new!! I can see expanding this theme to banners and table top decorations for a party. I'm planning a project (now that I finally got those taxes done!) for decorations for my DH's birthday. Not flowers, but maybe something motorcycle related.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This Lantern is Gorgeous!!!!
    I would use glue dots on the many cards I am currently making!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! Linda, this is just absolutely fabulous! You do such beautiful work! Thank you for sharing your talents!
    CindyHoffmannSmith
    nutsaboutminis (at) verizon (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh wow that is gorgeous. I want to make some butterflies and use raisens!

    ReplyDelete
  35. it's really nice!
    congrats for this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Well... I made a valiant attempt of it. Without the Glue Arts products and with only scissors and a vague idea of what a butterfly actually looks like. I have a feeling it would have been much easier with your product. I suppose I'll have to invest. Getting this look with modge podge and spray glue was similar to trying to glue actual butterflies on there...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hermoso, fabuloso... Lo voy a hacer.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Absolutely gorgeous. I am thinking of using this lantern as a compliment to our decorations for my niece's service of her passing in Sept 2012 one year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow... I have lanterns like this.. Lovely idea to enhance it...

    ReplyDelete
  40. That is one awesome project...Shine on! Love dimension, would use yours for popping paper crafting scenes created with animals, flowers, and people

    ReplyDelete
  41. absolutely beautiful, what a great way to reuse paper !

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would do the project you posted....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. OMG! I love it!! Im a single mother in a really tight budget im trying to do my daughters sweet 16 decoration Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. OMG! I love it!! Im a single mother in a really tight budget im trying to do my daughters sweet 16 decoration Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you for the inspiration... The result is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi there! glad to drop by your page and found these very interesting and informative stuff. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about adhesives, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I noticed there is this crystal vine effect that covers the cord that hangs the lighting fixture. What is that and where can I find that to add to the look? It seems that is the only thing that is not explained which I think is the finishing touch of how magnificent it looks! Can someone please share?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Can some tell me what was used at the top to cover the cord?? It's absolutely beautiful and love how it adds to the magical look of the flowers and butterflies...does anyone know what was wrapped around the cord for that crystal vine effect?

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am wondering the same thing about the cord. What did you use for it? It really adds to the overall look of the lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am so absolutely in love w/ this lamp. i had already pinned it long ago. So when it popped up again a bit ago, I went to pin on Pinterest and it said I already had.lol Soooo, I pinned onto another of my boards.
    Being disabled, i can only buy supplies a few at a time. And try to find ways to improvise. I FINALLY found the lamps at Michaels here. Made by Martha Stewart. Just ONE was so costly, even using a coupon. So, I am wondering if the ballon trick might work using a paper mache technique? The plus on that is that you could also color it lighly too, to match your decor so to speak. Maybe not "match"...but a enhancement to the color scheme?

    BTw....I love your website and look forward to making many more beautiful things. Thank you so much for sharing the lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  52. oh my this is gorgeous. When i first saw this I knew i wanted to make one for me and one for my mom in law. went straight to the crafter store, got mostly everything but couldnt find the die cutter for the flowers and buttflys. is there an alternative that i could use instead of a die cutter to add that 3d look tot he flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  53. I just saw this amazing lamp on Pinterest! thank you for your wonderfull ideas :) NathL from france

    ReplyDelete